Gathering people from different fields and skill, to unite them into well-working teams, is not any easy for a job. But the MTN App Challenge surely brings brain together. In partnership with Outbox, MTN Uganda is calling for applications for the second edition of the MTN App Challenge scheduled for 12th May to 14th May 2017.
What is the MTN App Challenge?
The MTN APP Challenge is a 3 day Hackathon event in which local innovators come together to create Mobile Applications for use on Mobile devices i.e. Phones & Tablets. The very first edition was held in 2015.
Registering for the MTN App challenge 2017
This edition’s registration, like the previous one, will be in teams. Each team should comprise of at-least four individuals and a maximum of five with the following skill-sets/roles: UI/UX creative designer, software developer, marketer and project manager. A maximum of up-to twenty teams shall be selected to participate. The deadline for registration is 28 April 2017 and all successful entrants shall be notified by 4th May via E-mail or Phone call. If one registers but does not receive an acceptance confirmation by 4th May, they shall not be eligible to participate in the challenge.
The App Challenge will focus on creation of Mobile Applications under five basic categories. These are;
- M-Health where an original concept to address a key need accessing health services in Uganda and a potential to be used by many individuals will be considered
- M-Education where an app with the most potential to address a need in the Education sector will be considered
- M-Media &Entertainment where the most original concept for Entertainment on the phone will be considered
- M-Finance where an original concept in extending financial services to low income segment via the phone will be considered
- M-Agriculture where the original concept in enabling Agricultural services on the phone will be considered.
The overall winning app will be recognized with a certificate for each team member. The best app in each category will be rewarded with $1,000, a Certificate of Recognition and a smartphone for each team member, 1GB internet to all team members for 3 months, and Commercialization of the app through MTN. The Audience’s favorite app will receive similar reward, though excluding the $1,000.
You can register your team here.