When looking out for smartphones that give an enticing experience while watching videos, capturing images, surfing the Internet, and multi-tasking; the options are zeroed down to 18:9 Full Display.
And with the recent release of the Tecno Camon CM, an inclusion in the world of smartphones with fewer bezels, the next Camon is surely next in line to offer the same.
When you add the 18:9 screen ratio to thinner side bezels and a larger screen size, you get a larger screen to body ratio and the possibility to fit more information inside your phone screen. This makes the screen longer and gives a slimmer feel to it, making it even easier for companies to add in a larger screen size minus having to worry about the bulk.
Unlike the 16:9 aspect ratio which favors bigger unwieldy screens, the 18:9 aspect ratio translates to devices with a smaller form factor, being tall and slim, (to a ratio of 2:1) rather than just wide.
In the line of multi-tasking, you could wish to have two apps open simultaneously, with the screen split and probably copy and paste between these open apps. An 18:9 screen will give you two perfect halves for each app in split screen mode; beyond imagination!
The launch is underway, on April 5th at the 2018 Global Spring Launch event, to showcase two variants of the model.
Rumored Specifications and Features
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo) + HiOS 3.3 UI
- Internal Storage: 32/64 GB Internal Storage, 3/4 GB RAM
- Back Camera : 12 + 20 MP Dual Rear Camera with Blink Tech, quad-LED flash, Upto 60 MP Zoom, and 8 MP Dual front Camera with dual LED flash
- Other Features: Face ID, Fingerprint scanner, Built-in Cooling system, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual SIM and 4G LTE Networks
- Battery: 4000mAh with quick charge