Wifi 6 is here and on our smartphones too which can now access the perks the new standard brings. On the other hand, it is such a relief that we are done with all the 802.11ax naming style and it is way simpler with just a number designation for the WiFi standard.
The new WiFi standard comes with faster speed and is also able to provide a better connection in crowded places. You can also expect to use less power when connected with a smartphone that has WiFi 6.
Besides, one of the fastest ways to transfer files easily from one smartphone to the other is using WiFi connection. According to WiFi alliance which is in charge of developing the WiFi standards, WiFi 6 offers improved latency and a better overall experience.
About the smartphones that have WiFi 6, you can only find them in the high-end category which is quite pricy. Here is a list of smartphones that is WiFi 6 certified.
1. iPhone 11 series
The latest iteration of Apple’s flagship series does come with WiFi 6 from iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro to iPhone 11 Pro Max. These smartphones are expensive to say the least, the lowest among them costs $699 for the iPhone 11 and up to $1460 on the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- Display: Liquid Retina HD (6.1-inch, 1792 x 828 pixels)|Super Retina XDR (5.8-inch, 2436 x 1125 pixels)|Super Retina XDR (6.5-inch, 2688 x 1242 pixels) [iPhone 11 | iPhone 11 Pro | iPhone 11 Pro Max]
- CPU: A13 Bionic
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP camera (iPhone 11), Triple 12MP camera (iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max)
- Front camera: 12MP camera
- Battery: 3,110mAh, 3, 046mAh, 3, 969mAh [iPhone 11 | iPhone 11 Pro | iPhone 11 Pro Max]
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 10|10+
The ‘Note’ series is Samsung’s most premium set of flagships and the Galaxy Note 10 was the first smartphone to cop the latest WiFi 6 feature. Also, the Galaxy Note 10 Plus have WiFi 6 on it.
- Display: 6.3-inch Dynamic AMOLED (2280 x 1080 pixels) | 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED (3040 x 1440 pixels)
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (US) Exynos 9825 (WW)
- Rear Camera: Triple 16MP + 12MP + 12MP camera
- Front Camera: 10MP camera
- Battery: 3,500mAh / 4,300mAh
- RAM: 8GB | 12GB
3. Samsung Galaxy S10|S10 Plus|S10 5G
Another flagship from the stables of Samsung to have WiFi 6 is the Galaxy S10 Plus, S10 and its 5G Edition. Easily some of the more pricy premium smartphones around, here is a glance at the spec sheet.
- Display: 6.1-inch Quad HD+ | 6.4-inch Quad HD+ | 6.7-inch Quad HD+ Infinity O display
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (North America) Exynos 9825 (WW)
- Rear Camera: 16MP ultrawide + 12-MP dual-pixel wide + 12MP telephoto (S10 and S10 Plus) | 16MP ultrawide, 12MP dual-pixel wide, 12MP telephoto, hQVGA 3D depth sensor (S10 5G)
- Front Camera: 10MP | Dual 10MP + 8MP | 10MP + hQVGA 3D depth sensor
- Battery: 3, 400mAh | 4, 100mAh | 4, 700mAh
4. Samsung Galaxy Fold
The only foldable smartphone that has WiFi 6 for now is from none other than Samsung. Although its release was delayed, the smartphone is now available and it sports the latest WiFi standard and more.
- Display: Cover display: 4.6″, Super AMOLED, 720 x 1680 pixels, 7.3″ Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 1536 x 2152 pixels
- CPU: QualcommSnapdragon 855
- Rear Camera: Trilple 12MP + 12MP + 16MP camera
- Front Camera: Dual 10MP + 8MP
- Battery: 4, 380mAh