It is that time of the year when we gear up for flagships, and the Samsung Galaxy S9 is coming next month at MWC 2018. Some specifications have already been leaked by an alleged retail box that got pictured, and although most of the specs look similar to the current Galaxy S8, you will notice a number of interesting additions such as stereo speakers tuned by AKG and a variable aperture for the Dual Pixel 12 MP camera.
The retail box in question is courtesy of Weibo, revealing the full specs of Samsung’s upcoming flagship smartphone. With it pointing to a 5.8-inch Infinity display, a ‘super speed’ 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with OIS, an iris scanner, wireless charging support and IP68 dust and water resistance, it is all we can expect so far.
The camera is to shoot Super Slow-mo videos, and thus expect something like 1000fps videos.
Plenty of similarities to the current Galaxy S8 are spotted on the retail box. A Super AMOLED panel with Quad HD+ resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels, 4 GB of RAM, and an internal storage of 64 GB. The selfie camera will be 8 MP with AF. The phone is also expected support wireless charging and will come with AKG earphones. It will also be IP68 Water & Dust Resistant.
The details of the Samsung Galaxy S9 display size, battery capacity, and the rear camera specifications are yet to leak.
A Summary of the Samsung Galaxy S9 Specs
- 5.8-inch ‘QuadHD+’ (2960 x 1440), AMOLED display. Samsung warns display is 5.6-inches allowing for rounded corners
- Single lens 12MP main camera with variable F1.5 – F2.4 aperture, OIS
- “Super Slo-mo” mode
- 8MP auto focus front facing selfie camera
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG
- IP68 dust and water resistance
- Iris scanner
- 64GB of native storage, 4GB RAM
- Wireless charging supportig 15W fast charging
- AKG bundled earphones