Safaricom’s M-PESA is quickly becoming a force to reckon with in the continent. Locally, it has become the backbone of how we transact. We use it to pay for goods, services, bills and to send funds to other MPESA users.
Here is yet another level of convenience. Various players in different sectors are looking for ways to integrate M-PESA into their services. Latest on the list is Telkom Kenya. You can now easily purchase Telkom airtime using MPESA.
Here is how to buy Telkom airtime using Safaricom M-PESA
- On your Safaricom phone, go to Sim Toolkit
- Select ‘M-PESA’
- Select ‘Lipa na M-PESA’
- Select ‘Pay Bill’
- Enter business no. 777711
- Under Account no., enter your Telkom number e.g 0777****** or 020*******
- Enter Amount you want to top up in Ksh.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN to authenticate and you’re done.
You will receive a confirmation message from M-PESA and soon, you’ll receive an SMS on your Telkom line from ejaza confirming it.