Safaricom’s M-PESA has become the primary way through which we transact. We use it for everything from paying bills, purchasing goods and services, sending funds to family and friends and everything in between. It therefore makes sense to keep track on one’s expenditure.
Safaricom offers a couple of ways for its customers to get their account statements. You can opt to get a Mini statement with a few of your latest transactions or a more detailed one with all your transactions for upto the last 12 months. In this post we shall show you how to get both.
How to get your Safaricom M-PESA Mini Statement.
To get your Mini Statement, you’ll need your Safaricom line and a device, that’s all.
- Open your Sim Toolkit/ Safaricom Menu
- Select “M-PESA“
- Select “My Account“
- Select “Mini Statement“
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and wait for a message from M-PESA with details of your last 5 transaction.
And that’s it, as simple as that. If you’d rather get a little more details on your transactions, you can get your Full Statement.
How to get your Full M-PESA Statement
To do this, you’ll need the
- Open your mySafaricom App from your app drawer
- Select “M-PESA”
- Under M-PESA Statement, select Full Statement
- If you had not provided an email address, you will be prompted to do so.
- If everything checks out, you will see a notification indicating that your M-PESA statement has been sent to your e-mail.
- For security and confidentiality purposes, the PDF file is secured with a password. The Password is your National ID number or your Passport number, whichever you used to sign up for M-PESA.