Instagram is one of the biggest and most addictive social media platforms. It’s quite revealing in the platform’s over 1 billion monthly active users. The thing is, there are tonnes of amazing features that’ll keep you engrossed in Instagram for lengthy hours without a break. Well, that’s when it becomes addictive.
For a number of reasons, you could feel the need to take a break from the world of Instagram. Reasons such as: the addiction making you less productive; your data usage is like a volcanic eruption; privacy concerns and so on and so forth.
Well, I want you to know that there’s a way to temporarily disable your Instagram account, and come back whenever you want to. It’s as easy as it sounds.
Once you’ve temporarily disabled your Instagram account, no one will be able to find your account. Consequentially, they can’t message you or view your photos. Problem solved😉.
Steps to temporarily disable your Instagram account
To deactivate your account for a while, you will need to make use of the Instagram website. That’s because you can’t access this feature in the Instagram app. Even while accessing the website, a PC is most preferable. Check out the steps below:
- Launch your browser and enter the Instagram website URL
- Input your login credentials and sign in.
- Once you’ve signed in, click on the person icon representing your profile.
- Then you’ll select “Edit Profile”
- Scroll down to the bottom and press “Temporarily disable my account“
- Select the reason for temporarily disabling your Instagram account, input your password and press “Temporarily Disable Account” under it.
Yikes! You’ve granted yourself an Instagram sabbatical.
PS: To reactivate your account, you’ll just have to go to the Instagram website, sign in and follow the prompt to reactivate the Instagram account.