Kenya’s Immigration Department is making a number of changes in the way people apply for, renew, and replace lost or destroyed passports. In August, it was announced that Kenyan Passport applicants will need an appointment to visit processing centers in an effort to decongest these centers.
With the new guidelines, we thought we would guide you guys through the process of applying for, renewing or replace your passport and pay for it online. We shall also look at the requirements that you need to carry with you to ease the entire process.
You’ll have to print out a form at the end. You must sign and date the form, add any documents or photographs that are needed, and return it for processing.
You’ll pay using mobile money, Credit, Debit Cards and online banking from local banks. It should take at least 10 working days to get your first passport once your form has been physically submitted at the Immigration offices. For all other application types, it should take at least 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
STEPS OF APPLICATION
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the Passport Application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices. (Nyayo House, Mombasa & Kisumu.)
DURING THE SUBMISSION YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents’ National ID cards and copy.
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee in Ksh|
|32 Pages Ordinary "A" Series||Ksh 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary "B" Series||Ksh 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary "C" Series||Ksh 7,550|
|East African Passport||Ksh 990|
|Diplomatic passport (48-page)||Ksh 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Ksh 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Ksh 12,050|
Have you applied for your Passport? What was your experience like? How long did you have to wait before the document was ready for pick up?