Feeling hungry and for some reason, you can not go out to find something to eat? Safeboda just added the Food feature on their app. With this feature, you can now order food from local food eating places near you.
How to Order food using Safeboda
- You will need to first update your app to the latest version. This particular version was rolled out on 5th December 2019. Once the app has been updated, you will find the food option once you open the app.
- Tap on the FOOD option and it will direct you to a page welcoming you to the Food feature. Tap on ORDER FOOD to proceed to the next step.
- Safeboda will then list the restaurants nearest to your location. There is also an option for you to search for a restaurant if you need to. It is also worth noting that Safeboda also included Kyakulya restaurants into the app so you can aswell still order food from Kyakulya.
Related Article: Safeboda wants you to buy fuel cheaply using credits
- Select the restaurant you want food from and this will bring a catalog of meals that particular restaurant offers. Select add on the meals you would like to enjoy. You are then asked to select particulars as regards to the quantity of the meal you want.
- After selecting quantity, Tap on ADD ITEM and this will go to the cart. You can also choose to make another order from the same restaurant. For now, you can only order from one restaurant at a time.
- You can then tap on VIEW ORDER where you will be asked to fill in any delivery details, for example, Ham Towers – the first floor. You will then proceed to choose a payment method. For those ordering via Cashless, there will be a discount on the Food you would like to buy.
- You can then go on to place the order. Also, once you place an order, you can not cancel it. Safeboda will send a notification on the preparation stages and you can also use the app to track how far your order is.
It is also worth noting that this feature is only available for Uganda so far and will roll out to other countries that use Safeboda at a later time. How excited are you about this new feature? Have you tried it? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.