The Vision group yesterday launched an Android App version of its digital newspaper. The app which features news from the New Vision Website will deliver all the latest News and breaking stories, free of charge to its readers who own Android smartphone running a Android 2.2 and above.
According to the App description on the Google Playstore, the App will feature;
– All the latest news as it happens, features, spotlights & opinions- all in one place.
– Set text size to suit your preferences
– Report feature to send stories and photos directly to us
– Fully Searchable articles (including week old stories)
– Fully Cached articles for offline reading
– Share stories on Facebook, Twitter, Email and all other preinstalled applications
– Direct link to our Facebook & Twitter pages
– A night mode to enable you enjoy the app in the dark
Perhaps one of the unique features we find cool is that you can download all your content at one go, switch off your internet and enjoy it at your comfort offline. This could potentially save users lots of data costs as they can download stories on Wi-Fi and read-later offline without an active internet connection.
The App is already receiving positive reviews from users in the Playstore. However, the Newspaper’s business model — Ads — which seem to be very intrusive is creating alot of backlash (as expected) from the same users.
Download the App here.
Image: New Vision