After rolling out the e-passport years back, it seems there have been a lot of improvements in the once-long queues at the Ministry of Internal Affairs along Bugolobi road. Nowadays, the process is quite easier than you think provided you have just a national ID. In this article, we shall see how to pay for your generated PRN from the portal using Airtel and MTN.
If you are planning to get started with this online application; we already have an article covering how you can apply for one within a short period of time. So let’s get started with MTN Uganda. This method works regardless of the payment option you choose because a PRN is auto-generated after submission.
Paying using MTN Uganda
Here is how you can settle the PRN for your passport using MTN And whaMoMo
- Dial *165#
- Select 4 (Payments)
- Select 5 (Fees & Taxes)
- Choose 1 (URA): All PRN and Tax related payments are processed by URA
- Select 1 (With PRN Payments)
- Now enter the generated PRN after form submission
- You will be shown the PRN details referenced before you get to enter your PIN.
Paying Using Airtel Uganda
If you have an Aitel line: Here is how
- Dial *165#
- Select 4 (Pay Bill)
- Select 7 (URA)
- Choose 1 (Pay Registered)
- Select 1 (Enter PRN )
- You will be given details related to the said PRN and further approvals with the PIN
That’s it! Payments through other options are largely available for example using virtual cards to mimic real card scenarios. You can also check for status after payment under the same USSD Menu for both telcos. You could also choose over-the-counter solutions.