Various information can be shared via the WhatsApp status. This can be an important notice from your colleague, a funny video or any other educational stuff. What happens when you want to save what has been shared on WhatsApp statuses?
Here, we shall discuss the various ways to save a Whatsapp Status.
Using Modified Whatsapp Versions
Most people know GB Whatsapp as a modified version of WhatsApp. There exist others like Yo Whatsapp, FM Whatsapp, Whatsapp Plus, among others.
These modified versions normally offer a feature on the WhatsApp statuses to simply click and download the WhatsApp status onto your phone. These versions are however illegitimate versions of WhatsApp and therefore you are advised to use at your own risk.
Taking a screenshot
If the status is text or image, one simple way of saving it to your gallery is by simply taking a screenshot of the status. It will then be found in the photo gallery under the screenshots category.
Related Article: Whatsapp will soon bring adverts to your Status page
Using the File Manager
All the picture statuses you view and videos under 10seconds are saved automatically in the file manager. The reason you cannot see them is that they are hidden files. You, therefore, have to locate the file and transfer it to an unhidden location. Follow the steps below:
- Open your File Manager
- Press “option” key 》settings 》check “view hidden files”
- Go back to the File Manager and scroll to the WhatsApp folder.
- Open “Media” folder
- Usually, the first folder you should see is “.statuses”
- That folder contains all the viewed statuses over the 24hr period. Take note that they automatically delete themselves after 24hr.
- To save the viewed file for future, move/copy it/them to another folder of your choice.
In case you view someone’s status and you want to re-share it on your own status, or send it to someone else, follow the above steps to save it into your gallery.