I have been in a situation where I am completely down on MBs and I am in need of a fix. This is where Airtel Uganda comes in handy. They always offer 20MBs free every beginning of the month.
You will need to have spent at least UGX 500 before you can be eligible for the free 20MBs. This offer can be activated only once a month and can be activated at any time of the month.
Simply DIAL(click this on phone) *175*20# and you will receive a confirmation message acknowledging that you have activated the bundle.
Well, you might argue that 20MBs is really low for your data needs. We agree with you too. This bundle, however, can be set aside for real emergencies, for example, when you need to hail a taxi or boda, or need to order food and are completely down on MBS.
Related Article: Internet speed (Mbps) and data bundles (Mbs) explained.
You will also have to switch from 4G to 3G as 4G depletes your data bundle faster. To do so;
- Go to settings
- Go to mobile networks
- Tap on the preferred network type
- Switch to 3G
If you have apps that run in the background, this might be that opportunity to disable them. These apps use a lot of data minus your knowledge.
- Open your device’s Settings app
- Tap Network & internet and then Data usage.
- Tap Mobile data usage.
- To find the app, scroll down.
- To see more details and options, tap the app’s name.
- “Total” is this app’s data usage for the cycle.
- “Foreground” is how much data the app has used while you’re using it.
- “Background” is how much data the app has used while you’re not using it.
- Change background mobile data usage.
- To restrict background data usage for this app, turn off Background data.
- To allow unrestricted mobile data usage when data saver is on, turn on Unrestricted data usage
If you are in a fix and need data, or are just a fan of free things, you can make use of Airtel Uganda’s free 20MBs monthly data bundle to get going. Enjoy!