We can not talk about online payment without mentioning PayPal. Over the years, PayPal has grown to become the world’s leading online payment platform. It is a system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like cheques and money orders.
I use PayPal for one big reason, to manage my online payments. See. many services now accept VISA and MasterCard, but there is a risk that comes with handing your card information to various vendors online. For that, I give my card details to PayPal and then use PayPal to pay for stuff online.
The problem comes when you no longer need to subscribe to that monthly service. Of course, PayPal allows you to cancel these recurring payments but to be sure, you might want to remove your card from PayPal altogether. Here’s how to go about it.
How to unlink your Card from PayPal
Here’s how to remove a card:
- Click Wallet at the top of the page.
- Click the card you want to remove.
- Click Remove card.
There are a few things you might want to keep in mind before doing this:
- You cannot remove a card if you have a pending transaction or if your card was the backup payment method for a recent instant bank payment. Wait a few days and try again.
- You may not be able to remove your card if you have a negative balance in your PayPal account. In this situation, you must bring your balance to zero or higher to remove your card.
- If you remove your only card and have a confirmed bank account, you’ll no longer be able to make instant bank payments. Instead, they’ll be sent as eChecks, which take 3 to 4 working days to process.
PayPal continues to be a very handy tool for anyone working online today. In Kenya, many youths have turned to online writing and other services like transcribing to earn a living in an era where traditional employment continues to be elusive.
Safaricom M-PESA acknowledges this fact and is now allowing users to easily transfer funds to and from their PayPal accounts straight from their mobile money accounts.