Sending messages, downloading files, playing interactive games and participating in online meetings are some of the popular uses of the internet. For heavy internet users, MTN WakaNet is an interesting choice you might want to try.
What is MTN WakaNet?
MTN WakaNet is a home internet solution that gives you fast internet access from MTN for your entertainment, gaming, e-learning, online work, and smart security needs. You can be able to watch online movies or sports on your smart TV, or work as your children play games, watch kids content on their tabs or study online. The service is currently only available in 4G internet areas in Uganda — Kyanja, Kiwatule, Naalya, and Kira.
It can be used for:
- Entertainment (TV, Movies, and Gaming)
- E-Learning (online study, research)
- Smart Home (safety, surveillance, power metering)
Related Article: MTN Uganda Launches Data Bundles that do not expire
Key features include:
- Home Wi-Fi for everyone and anything.
- Easy to get and use.
- The bundles do not expire until they get depleted.
- Powered by 4G LTE.
- Connect with Wi-Fi in your home up to 32 different devices.
It currently has three packages:
- 35GB at UGX 75,000,
- 175GB at UGX 300,000
- 75GB at UGX 150,000.
How to Activate MTN WakaNet
- To activate this particular data bundle, you will need to visit an MTN service center.
- You will be asked to pay UGX 245,000 for a WakaNet starter kit that includes a 4G WiFi router and 35GB.
- Top-ups are done on the MTN Number in your Wi-Fi router. You can top-up from any MTN number with adequate Mobile Money using the options below:
- Option 1: Dial *177#, select MTN WakaNet and follow the prompts.
- Option 2: Go to myMTN app, select Buy, then Data, click MTN WakaNet and follow the prompts.
- Visit any MTN Service Center or MoMo agent to top –up.
Are you a heavy internet user? What current data bundle do you use? Is MTN WakaNet something you would try out? Share with us in the comments section below.