DStv has long been working with a number of distributors or “dealers” with their own physical stores for a while now. Since Covid-19, a number of businesses have been rethinking their distribution channels. To be specific, a lot of vendors have been moving online.
Multichoice, the company that owns DStv which is the biggest satellite PayTV provider is now selling its decoders through Jumia Uganda. Multichoice has a dedicated official store on Jumia Uganda. The store has DStv’s entry-level and premium decoders and remotes. The Jumia store compliments Multichoice’s own online store.
Advertisement - Continue reading below
Comparing prices between Multichoice’s own store and Jumia, it seems there’s no difference in pricing.
- DStv Zapper Decoder only N/P – Black (UGX 99,000)
- Explora + LNB – Black(UGX 699,000)
- Explora + Dishkit + LNB – Black (UGX 799,000)
- Gotv- B4 Remote Control Unit – Black (UGX 16,000)
- Dstv Zappa HD Remote – Black (UGX 35,000)