Infinix is on a roll, sticking very timely annual updates to their various lineups. We recently saw the launch of the battery warrior, the Note 4 and the introduction of a super budget Infinix Smart. Now the Hot 4 and Hot 4 Lite are both getting updated. The Hot 5 and Hot 5 Lite, the successors to last year’s model, are set to launch on the 28th of August exclusively on Jumia and on other e-commerce platforms later.
Like the previous generation, the Hot 5 Lite will be a watered down version of the Hot 5 with a decent price cut. In this case, 1GB of RAM and the lack of a fingerprint sensor. Below are the specs we know so far.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat skinned with XOS
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro)
- 4G LTE: NO
- Display: 5.5” HD IPS
- Screen Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels (264 PPI)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6580, Octa-core 1.3 GHz Cortex
- Storage: 2GB+16GB for the Hot 5 and 1GB+16GB for Hot 5 Lite
- External Storage: microSD, up to 32 GB
- Camera: 5MP+8MP both with LED Flash
- Battery: 4000 mAh
Infinix is marketing the Hot 5 as a Mobile Cinema while also hyping the audio experience on the upcoming devices. It would be interesting to find out how it compares and if it holds its own.
— InfinixKenya (@InfinixKenya) August 21, 2017
Unofficial pricing sets the Hot 5 and Hot 5 Lite squarely at that of its predecessors. Starting at Ksh. 10,000, these devices are set to continue Infinix’s trend of offering decent hardware at reasonable pricing.