In March 2018, Kenya’s main Mobile service operators, Telkom, Safaricom, and Airtel came together to integrate the Mobile money ecosystem through mobile money interoperability. This is the future of mobile money as it greatly enhances the customer experience by bridging the different available platforms. The ability to seamlessly send and receive funds irrespective of which carrier you are on could very well be what the next decade of Mobile money will be all about.
Today, October 4th, M-PESA and T-Kash customers can now seamlessly send and receive funds directly to and from their mobile wallets. This comes a couple of months after AirtelMoney users and M-PESA users got the ability to do so.
How to Send money from T-Kash to M-PESA
To send funds from your T-Kash mobile wallet to a Safaricom M-PESA customer, follow the following simple steps.
- Open your SIM Toolkit and select T-kash Menu.
- Select “Send Money”
- Select “To Mobile”
- Select “Enter Phone Number”
- Enter the recipient’s M-PESA phone number”
- Confirm that all the details are correct
- Authenticate the transaction with your T-kash PIN
And that’s it, wait for a confirmation message from T-kash confirming the successful transaction.
Also Read: Mobile Money Interoperability: How to send money from MPESA to Airtel Money and vice versa
How to Send funds from M-PESA to T-kash
- Dial *234# on your Safaricom line
- Select Option 1. M-PESA Products
- Select Option 98 MORE
- Select Option 8. M-PESA Tuma Popote
- Enter the recipient’s T-kash phone number
- Enter the amount
- Confirm that the details are all in order
- Enter your M-PESA PIN to confirm the transaction.
The funds received from either transaction will be directly reflected in your mobile wallet account balance. This is far more convenient than before when a customer had to struggle with having to cash the voucher within 7 days or consequently have the funds reverted back to the sender.
One of the major hurdles that remain is the inability to cash funds from your mobile wallet in any carrier’s agent booth. In Kenya, there are M-PESA shops literally anywhere you turn. That can’t be said for AirtelMoney and T-kash agents.
Featured Image courtesy of Techweez
One thought on “How to send money from T-Kash to M-PESA and vice versa”