Looking to connect a Smart TV to the internet? Below are two methods you can use to connect your Smart TV to the Internet. When you connect a Smart TV to the internet, you get an opportunity to enjoy a ton of entertainment and services such as Netflix and others.
Here are two quick-to-pull-off ways to connect a Smart TV to the internet so you catch up with new episodes of YOU. (God, I love that TV show). We discuss the wireless and wired options used to connect a Smart TV to the internet.
Connecting a Smart TV to the internet using WiFi.
Many modern Smart TVs are WiFi enabled. This means that they have a wireless adapter built-in. This makes it easy to connect them to the internet. It takes just a handful minutes. However, this works better if your WiFi signal is strong enough for seamless connection.
Connecting a Smart TV to the internet using WiFi prevents risks of tangled wires and keeps your living room neat and uncluttered. Also, it is easy to set up and you are not limited to where in the living room you place your TV
How to connect a Smart TV to the internet using WiFI
- Press the Menu button on your Smart TV’s remote
- Select the Network Settings option then Set up a wireless connection
- Select the name for your home WiFi
- Type your WiFi password using your remote’s button.
Plug your Smart TV directly into the internet router.
Connection is more stable when you connect your Smart TV directly to an internet router. If you experience slow connection using WiFi and really need the most stable connection, plug your Smart TV directly into the internet router via an Ethernet cable. However, your TV must be close to your router.
Setup is relatively simple, just plugging in the Smart TV yet it is much more reliable and faster than WiFi.
How to connect a Smart TV to the internet by directly plugging it into the internet router.
- Find the Ethernet port on the back of your Smart TV
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your router to the port on your Smart TV
- Select Menu on your TV’s remote and then go to Network Settings
- Select the option to enable wired internet
- Type your WiFi password using your remote’s buttons