If you’re Ugandan and you shop online, the stakes are high that promotional deals and campaigns like Jumia Uganda Tech Week get you hyped in a way.
This year’s edition is scheduled to start running from 15th to 30th March 2021 on the Jumia Uganda platform. The tech extravaganza will feature massive deals on everything tech; from smartphones, cookers, home appliances & many more.
However, before the tech campaign kicks off, here are a few tips and tricks to help you get ready so you don’t miss out:
1. Download the Jumia app
There are myriads of reasons why you should get the Jumia mobile app but to cut to the chase, from past Jumia tech weeks campaigns, Jumia saves up the best offers, deals, and giveaways for mobile app users.
Download the app from Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS devices. However, here are some of the deals that will be exclusive to the mobile app only in the forthcoming Jumia Uganda Tech Week 2021.
- Wheel of Fortune: The wheel of fortune is a popular game launched by Jumia via their social media platforms. Users can go to the Jumia app to spin a wheel and stand a chance to win a special prize. Prizes in the past have included 40” TVs, smartphones & more.
- Treasure Hunt: Another popular contest found exclusively on the Jumia app. This game in particular has users on the app find a hidden treasure/product at 99% off on the app. The lucky user that finds the item first wins it.
- Flash Sales: Flash sale deals are often much bigger than the usual deals on the Jumia platform and tend to go live at a particular time and date. For the Jumia Tech Week 2021, the flash sale deals will be live exclusively on the Jumia app every weekday.
2. Subscribe to Jumia Prime
Launched in 2019, the Jumia Prime service is a loyalty program that allows users in Kampala and Entebbe to enjoy free delivery on Jumia Express and Jumia Food items. Users can subscribe to a wide variety of plans ranging from 500UGX for a 14 day trial to 32,999UGX for 3 months.
This subscription plan works on different models; weekly, quarterly, half-year, and a full one-year plan.
- One week subscription for 9,999UGX
- 3 months subscription for 32,999UGX
- 6 months subscription for 59,999UGX
- One-year subscription for 99,999UGX
- One week subscription for 10,999UGX
- 3 months subscription for 39,999UGX
- 6 months subscription for 74,999 UGX
- 1 year subscription for 119,999UGX
Head to Jumia’s official website to register for the service or click here for the direct link. Jumia prime membership can be a welcome addition if you’re planning to shop more than once during this 16 days tech week,
3. Use JumiaPay
The payment solution by Jumia provides a more convenient, online payment option for consumers shopping on Jumia. Telecom giants MTN & Airtel Uganda are some of the partners collaborating with the JumiaPay service. Consumers that use the JumiaPay online payment option enjoy safe, instant, and easy payments when they shop during the Jumia Tech Week.
With only a week left to go to the launch of the Jumia Tech Week, these tips will help you get the most of the discount offers. Share with us in the comment section, how you are preparing the utilize some of the deals coming to Jumia Uganda Tech Week 2021.