What a wild ride 2020 has been. From battling a global pandemic, to fighting towards racial justice, there’s no doubt last year will go down in history as a time when so many things changed.
Despite all of the chaos last year, in Uganda, the second wave of the pandemic is here and new cases have skyrocketed through the roof the past couple of days. The country has recorded over 10,000 new positive cases in the last 10 days alone. This clearly implies that there is a need for reliable and accessible testing and healthcare-related services.
With just an internet connection and or a mobile phone, you can order a COVID-19 test or call a doctor at the comfort of your home or office from Rocket Health in Uganda at an affordable fee.
When faced with the need to get a COVID-19 test, it is important to note that the choice depends on why you’re getting it and how soon you need the results.
The three types of COVID-19 tests are;
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test which cost 200,000UGX
- Antibody Test at 100,000UGX
- Rapid Test (Antigen) for a low as 70,000UGX
If you do not know what type of test you can take. The team at Rocket Health has written a detailed and resourceful blog on Which COVID-19 test do you need and digested the major differences? How long or duration of each test and which kind of people is it recommended for?
Click this link here to devour and read more for a better understanding.
How to Order for COVID-19 Test From Rocket Health in Uganda?
- Option 1 is through the newly released USSD *280# short code. Dail *280# either on MTN or Airtel number, choose option 2 of Laboratory Test and Option 1 of Request Lab Test. A doctor will give you a call to confirm your details and the type of laboratory test you want to be done.
- You can as well order the COVID-19 test through their WhatsApp number +256790512074.
- Call a dedicated 24-hour toll-free number 0800277015 using any telecom network in the country and book a test with the Rocket health doctors.
- The last option can be through their e-shop www.rockethealth.shop and search for COVID-19 test or click here to choose the package you are interested in.
Rocket health offers a wealth of additional services in case your COVID-test results turn positive. They have a wellness package and home-based care plan which is available for clients who are paying through insurance or cash.
Telemedicine and e-health have always seemed like a far-fetched idea but the pandemic has helped accelerate the adoption of tech and here we are having Rocket health doctors keeping us safe through the pandemic and making deliveries across the whole country.
Let us in the comment section how you are keeping safe during the second wave of the deadly Coronavirus here in Uganda. Do not forget to sanitise, wear a mask and social distant whenever you are out of the house. In a nutshell, follow the standard operating procedures(SOPs).