Telegram has recently been launching a lot of feature-centric updates. From making content on specific channels private to anonymously posting on channels. One of their major new releases is an opportunity to delete messages sent or received on specific dates.
Imagine endlessly scrolling through months of conversations in a bid to delete certain messages. Not only is it time-consuming, but it can be a daunting task as well. Especially when you need to delete days or months’ worth of messages. How many of these messages do you have to long-press on?
With this new feature, you can filter and delete months’ worth of messages without completely clearing the chat. It’s a great way to dictate what remains on the app and control your digital footprint. In this article, we’ll be showing you a step-by-step process on how you can delete your chat history by date or a specific date range. Keep reading to learn more.
Delete Telegram Messages by Date Range
Here’s how to delete your telegram messages by date;
- Launch your Telegram App and open the conversation you’d want to delete messages from
- Next, scroll a bit and tap on the date bar that pops up
- On the calendar, tap on ‘Select’ located at the top right of your screen
- For one day, tap on the date, if you’d want more, select another date
- At the bottom of your screen, tap on “Clear History for this Day”
- In the pop-up, you can delete for either just you or both you and the other party
- Select which you’d prefer and delete.
That’s how you do it.
Do note that you can only use this feature in any one-on-one chat. Sadly, this feature is not yet available in groups and other private chats. However, you can auto-delete a chat one day, week or month after sending it. So try this new feature and let us know if you’ve found it useful in the comment section below.