Last Friday, April 14th, 2023, MTN Uganda launched their API marketplace with their own company, Chenosis, at Mestil Hotel in Kampala, Uganda. The event marked the beginning of a new era for the telecom giant and highlighted its commitment to driving digital transformation in the region.
Chenosis is an API platform that allows developers to easily access, use and monetize APIs. The platform provides a seamless experience for developers looking to leverage the power of APIs in their applications. With Chenosis, MTN is providing an avenue for developers to create innovative solutions that can help solve real-world problems.
Benefits of Chenosis MTN API Marketplace
MTN Uganda’s “API as a Service” will provide third-party access to their proprietary software platform, allowing developers to create new innovations and faster ways to satisfy customers. Andrew Bugembe, the Ag. CEO and CFO of MTN Uganda made this remark about the launch of the API marketplace.
With a tagline of API as a Service; Here are some of the API Marketplace benefits highlighted.
- Increased Innovation: With the Chenosis API Marketplace, developers can innovate faster and deliver new products and services to market more quickly.
- Access to Valuable Data: Chenosis provides developers with access to valuable data that can be used to improve their applications and services.
- Always-On: The Chenosis platform is always on, meaning that developers can access and use APIs 24/7.
- Industry Expertise: MTN has over 20 years of experience in the telecom industry and has developed a deep understanding of the needs of developers.
Related: MTN Uganda now has No-expiry Freedom voice bundles
Why MTN API Marketplace (Chenosis)?
MTN is committed to driving digital transformation in the region and the launch of the Chenosis API Marketplace is a major step toward achieving this goal. With Chenosis, MTN is providing a platform for developers to easily access, use and monetize APIs, which will help to spur innovation and drive growth in the digital economy.
APIs Exposed at the Launch
During the launch, several APIs were exposed, including:
- Sim verification API: This API allows developers to verify the authenticity of a SIM card.
- Country Location API: This API provides information about the location of a particular country.
- Device Verification API: This API allows developers to verify the authenticity of a device.
- Communication APIs: These APIs allow developers to interact with MTN’s subscription, airtime, and SMS services.
Related: MTN Uganda: How to Reverse a Wrong Mobile Money Transfer
The pricing model for MTN API as a Service is based on the number of API calls made by a business. The more API calls are made, the lower the charges will be. However, negotiations are still open depending on the volume of transactional calls, which means that there may be additional opportunities for cost savings.
MTN understands that every business has unique needs, and they are committed to working with each business to find a pricing solution that fits their budget and requirements. This flexible pricing model ensures that businesses of all sizes can benefit from the power of MTN API as a Service without breaking the bank.
The launch of the Chenosis API Marketplace is a major step for MTN in driving digital transformation in the region. With Chenosis, developers now have access to a platform that provides them with easy access to valuable data and industry expertise, which will help to spur innovation and drive growth in the digital economy. The platform’s pay-as-you-go pricing model also makes it easy for developers to get started and ensures that they are only paying for the services that they actually use.