Little cab, the Safaricom backed taxi-hailing app launched in Kampala about a year ago. It is run by Little Ltd, is a taxi-hailing that connects users with drivers to move from one place to another. They offer the power of technology and people to improve the connectivity and transfers in a more efficient and secure way.
It is currently one of the biggest Taxi hailing App in East Africa and serving more than 500,000+ daily customers across Kenya, Uganda, Zambia and Tanzania. At the moment, plans are being made to expand to Nigeria and Rwanda
For Uganda, Little has only 2 products for cars. The retail and corporate. The corporate is for companies that don’t need to use cash while moving with Little. They currently have more than 2000+ registered drivers in Uganda.
What is unique about the Little App?
- The app doesn’t surge, which means users will always pay the same fares whether it’s rush time or raining. Their prices do not change due to higher demand or during the busy hours.
- Little charges relatively low fares to its clients in comparison to some of its competitors.
- As a little customer, you are able to view your trip fare or cost as and when you are on a trip. This, therefore, avoids fraud acts where riders are shown different prices once reaching their destination.
- Little has a security feature for their both drivers and riders. They are in partnership with a security company that will always respond to you just In case of any security-related incident.
- A client using little ride app can pay using mobile money and avoid cases of carrying cash.
How to use Little Cab
You will start by downloading the Little ride App from the Google Play Store and the Apple store. You register using your name and phone number and will get a code to sign in. You will be good to go and request a driver.
When it comes to pricing, Little cab charges Ugx 500 per kilometer and Ugx150 per minute. App coverage is open – you can use a driver to go upcountry and the app still works.
While using Little to move around, you are able to enjoy:
- Free WiFi
- Riders and driver insurance
Taxi-hailing service, Little Cab currently offers only cars. We are yet to see whether they will also enter the ride-hailing business in Uganda.