Netflix recently introduced a way for you to protect your adult profile with a PIN. As you may already know, Netflix has options for creating accounts meant for children where they can only access content suitable for them.
But what good would that serve if you leave your adult profile unlocked just next to theirs? This is one of the many reasons why you may need to lock your Netflix adult account with a PIN. Also, if other people use your profile, it could mess with the type of movie recommendations you get from Netflix.
Step-by-Step Guide to Lock Your Netflix Profile With a PIN
1. Head to the Nextflix website via a browser, either on a phone or a PC and then enter your email and password to log in to your account.
2. Next, move your mouse over your profile icon which is at the top-right corner of your display, and click “Account”. This will take you to your account settings.
3. Scroll down to the section titled “PROFILE & PARENTAL CONTROLS” and click on the downward pointing arrow next to the Netflix profile you want to lock with a PIN.
4. Now move down to the “Profile Lock” part and click the blue “Change” button. By default, this feature will be “Off” if no PIN is yet to be set.
5. You will be required to enter your Netflix account password. This is because if you share the account with anyone else, they may change or remove the PIN.
6. Next, check the “Require a PIN to access your profile” box. Then enter a four-digit numeric PIN that will be used to unlock your Netflix profile.
Now click “Save” to activate your PIN-locked profile.
7. Each time when you are done using Netflix you can sign out by opening the menu and selecting “Exit Profile”
8. Now if anyone attempts to access your locked profile they will be required to input your PIN.
This way you can ensure that your overly curious kids will not back out of their profiles and open yours. Additionally, if you share your account with other people, you can be sure that no one can access your profile and mess with your movie recommendations, settings, etc.