Samsung, at its just-concluded “Unpacked 2020” event, unveiled five (5) new devices. The Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra, the Galaxy Tab S7 tablet and Samsung Tab 7 Plus tablet, the Galaxy Watch 3, and the Galaxy Buds Live, are the new kids on the block.
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 20
The new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 comes in two versions; the Note 20, and the Note 20 Ultra. Note 20 has a 6.7-inch display screen, while the Note 20 Ultra comes with a much larger 6.9-inch display screen.
This device packs the latest camera features Samsung has to offer, yet. There’s the 64MP telephoto lens on the Note 20, while the Ultra comes with a 12MP telephoto lens. The Ultra has a 108MP wide-angle lens, compared to the Note 20’s 12MP wide-angle lens, along with super-resolution optical zoom.
Both versions have the Snapdragon 865 Plus processor with 5G support. They also have an IP68 rating for waterproofing and also support wireless charging.
Related Article: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra: All You Need to Know
- Dimensions & Weight: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1 mm (6.49 x 3.04 x 0.32 in) 208 g (7.34 oz)
- Display: 6.9 inches, Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- RAM & Storage: 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Battery & Charging: Non-removable Li-Ion 4500 mAh battery, Fast charging 25W
- Rear Camera: 108 MP (wide), 12 MP (periscope telephoto), 5x optical zoom, 50x hybrid zoom 12 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide),
- Front Camera: 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide)
- Color: Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White
2. Samsung Galaxy Buds Live
Although the Galaxy Buds Live looks like little kidney beans and is quite small compared to the Galaxy Buds Plus, they are packed with some really advanced tech features, like active noise cancellation and unique air vents for better sounds.
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 27.3 x 14.9mm (earbuds); 50 x 50.2 x 27.8mm (case)
- Weight: 0.19 ounces (earbuds); 14.8 ounces (case)
- Compatibility: Android 5.0 / iPhone 7 or newer.
- Battery & Charging: 6 hours/21 hours with case (ANC + Bixby); 5.5 hours/20 hours (ANC); 8 hours/29 hours (ANC + Bixby off).
- Water resistance: IPX2
- Color: Mystic Black, Mystic Copper, and Mystic White
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / Samsung Tab S7 Plus
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, just like the Galaxy S20, comes in two versions —Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy Tab S7 Plus— with both running on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset. Also, both models of the tablet have the 6GB RAM/128GB ROM, as well as 8GB RAM/256 ROM versions. They are both available in Mystic Black, Mystic Bronze, and Mystic Silver.
For the camera, there’s the 13MP main shooter on the rear of the tablet, backed by a 5MP ultra-wide and a flash module. On the front, there is an 8MP selfie camera.
- Dimensions: 253.8 x 165.3 x 6.3 mm
- Display: 11.0 inches, LTPS IPS LCD touchscreen
- RAM & Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM/256GB 8GB RAM
- OS: Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865
- Battery & Charging: Non-removable Li-Po 8000 mAh battery, fast charging 45W
- Rear Camera: 13MP (wide), 5 MP (ultrawide)
- Front Camera: 8 MP (wide)
- Colors: Mystic Black, Mystic Bronze, Mystic Silver
4. Galaxy Watch 3
For the price, it starts at $399.99 for the 41mm (Bluetooth model), $449.99 for the 41mm (LTE model), $429.99 for the 45mm version (Bluetooth-only model), and $479.99 for the 45mm version (LTE model).
- Dimensions & Weight: 46.2 x 45 x 11.1 mm, 213g
- Display: 1.4 inches, Super AMOLED touchscreen
- OS: Tizen-based wearable OS 5.5
- Chipset: Exynos 9110 (10 nm)
- Card Slot: No
- RAM & Storage: 1GB/8GB
- Battery & Charging: Non-removable Li-Ion 340 mAh battery/Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White
Related Article: Samsung Watch 3 vs Apple Watch 5: Specs Comparison
5. Galaxy Z Fold 2
The Galaxy Z Fold2 was also unveiled during the unpacked event but Samsung didn’t release many details about it. Although we expect more details in the coming months, and we will post an update when it is available. In the meantime, here’s what we know for sure about the device.
- Display: Main Display 7.6 inch, Cover display 6.23 inch
- Build: Glass, Plastic
- Weight: 280g
- Platform: Android 10 + Snapdragon 865+
- Storage: 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM
- Selfie Camera: 10MP
- Camera: Triple 12MP
- Battery: 4,500mAh
Samsung also announced that the Galaxy Note 20 will be released on the 20th of August, while the Galaxy Tab S7 is expected to be released on the 21st of August. The Galaxy Z Fold 2, on the other hand, isn’t going to be available for purchase until September 2020.
Featured Image: Independent.co.uk