This year (2021), we saw the unveiling of a couple of premium, as well as entry-level smartphones by Infinix in Nigeria. But unlike brands like Samsung that holds regular events to unveil its devices, Infinix – for the most part – unveiled their devices in Nigeria via their social media pages. Among other devices, we saw the unveiling of the premium Infinix Zero X series this year, and late in the year, the unveiling of the NOTE 11 series.
Infinix Zero X Series
The Infinix Zero X series came in two models – the regular Zero X and the Zero X Pro. And they came in as successors to the Infinix Zero 8 released in 2019. The most obvious upgrade on this series is its design. It came in an entirely new design – Infinix dumped the curved edges we’re used to on Infinix smartphones and adopted squared-off edges that really look like the iPhone 12 device.
Zero X Pro specs:
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED, 1080 x 2400px, 700nits, 120Hz Super Fluid Display
- Weight: 193g
- OS: Android 11, XOS 7.6
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G95 + Dual-chip flagship gaming processor & IGU. 4G LTE
- RAM: 8GB RAM + 3GB Extended RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Fingerprint: In-display Fingerprint scanner
- Rear Camera: A triple set 108-megapixel OIS Ultra Resolution Camera
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel punch hole camera
- Battery: 4,500mAh non removable battery + 45W TUV Rheinland safe & Flash charge.
- Price: N180,600 ($356)
Infinix NOTE 10 Series
Just like the Zero X series, the NOTE 10 Series also came in two models (NOTE 10 and NOTE 10 Pro). The highlight of this series is its massive 6.95-inch 1080 x 2460 pixels 90Hz IPS LCD display, quad rear camera, 90Hz screen refresh rate and 33W fast charge. While the main feature difference between the two devices in this series is the Camera quality. While the NOTE 10 comes with a 48-megapixel rear camera setup, the NOTE 10 Pro is packed with a 64-megapixel rear camera.
NOTE 10 Pro specs:
- Display: 6.95-inch FULL HD+ IPS LCD panel with a 60Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: 1080 X 2460 pixels
- OS: Android 11
- Processor: Mediatel Helio G85 processor
- ROM: 128GB/256GB of internal storage
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Rear Camera: 64-megapixel + 2-megapixel depth sensor + 2-megapixel macro lens triple camera setup.
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel lens
- 4G LTE: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes, side-mounted
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Price: N91,000 ($186)
Infinix Hot 10T
The Hot 10T is a mid-range smartphone that has got a couple of things going for it. First off, the Infinix Hot 10T comes with Android 11-based XOS 7.6. Then, there’s the 5,000mAh battery, a 8MP selfie shooter, a 48MP main sensor, a 2MP and a third sensor that Infinix calls an AI sensor.
Hot 10T specs:
- Display: 6.82-inch HD+ with 90Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: 720*1640
- OS: Android 11
- Processor: Helio G70 (12nm)
- ROM: 64GB/128GB
- RAM: 4GB
- Rear Camera: 48 MP Triple camera with features like Smile Snapshot, Super Night Mode, Night Portrait, slo motion(240fps) and Video Bokeh
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Price: N77,750
Note 11 Series
The NOTE 11 Series was the last smartphone Infinix launched in Nigeria in 2021. The Infinix NOTE 11 series is powered by the MediaTek Helio G96 processor – currently the smartphone with the best SoC on an Infinix phone. Another feature worth mentioning is its massive screen. It spots a 6.95-inch, 1080 x 2460 pixels display with a 120Hz refresh rate, as well as a 180Hz sampling rate.
NOTE 11 Pro specs:
- 6.95-inch, 1080 x 2460 pixels IPS LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-core Mediatek Helio G96 processor with 8GB RAM
- Android 11 (XOS 8)
- Triple rear camera: 64MP main camera + 13MP telephoto camera + 2MP depth sensor
- Front camera: 16MP camera
- 128GB internal storage and dedicated microSD card
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint scanner (right-side)
- 5000mAh non removable Li-Po battery with 33W fast charging
- Price: 129,000 Naira ($230)
That’s it. A full list of Infinix smartphones unveiled in Nigeria this year. Which of these smartphones did you purchase and how is the experience so far? Tell us in the comment section below.