Tech is meant to make things a lot easier for us as a society and in the past few years, we have seen more and more innovative ways to incorporate tech into our daily lives. All this, in a bid to make things a little less stressful and there is no shortage of examples of how this has been achieved.
Take parking for example. Many counties now offer motorists an easy way to pay for parking using their phones, a far cry from the old days when you had to park your car and hunt around for an attendant to bill you and receipt you.
In Kenya, KAPS is almost synonymous with parking in government institutions, campuses and malls. Kenya Airports Parking Services is revolutionizing and innovating everything around parking, making it easier for parking space owners to manage their assets and monetize it while making the process as seamless as possible for the users.
How to pay for KAPS parking using M-PESA
Now onto the reason you’re here in the first place. To pay for your parking, you will need the number on your KAPS issued card that you obtained upon entry into the premises. now, follow these simple steps.
- Dial *486#
- Select option 1 to pay for KAPS parking
- Enter the card number on the card you received.
- You should see your parking details including how long you’ve been parked and how much you need to pay.
- Select option 1 to pay for your parking using M-PESA.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN to authorize the transaction.
- You should be notified that your payment is being processed. Wait for the KAPS confirmation and then proceed to drive out of the premise.
- Simply insert your KAPS-issued card in the terminal at the exit and the gate should open to let you out.
Sometimes, the card number might not be visible due to normal wear and tear of the cards. You can obtain your card number by inserting it into the payment terminal at the premise, usually located somewhere near the exit.
This terminal will also have an option that allows you to pay for your parking using M-PESA should you not have coins and notes with you. And that’s pretty much it. That’s how to pay for your parking.
If you frequently visit a place with KAPS parking systems, you might want to consider applying for one of their prepaid A-cards that you’ll be loading up with money and using that to pay for your parking instead of having to take one of theirs and paying for every parking session.