Telegram users can now generate online QR codes for their accounts. Thanks to the version 8.4 update, there’s a better way to share your Telegram profile or give people access to you in a group. You can also invite people to join your group using a QR code. Are you looking for reasons why you should generate yours today? Well, with this code, you no longer have to share your phone number for people to contact you.
It also goes both ways. If anyone shares their QR code with you, you don’t need their phone number to contact them or add them to a group. It’s customizable, fun and keeps your sensitive information safe. In this post, we’ll be showing you how you can create your QR code on the Telegram app. Keep reading to find out.
Steps to Take Before You Can Create Your QR Code
Unfortunately, getting your code requires that you have to set a public username.
To set your username, simply;
- Launch the Telegram app and visit Settings
- Tap on “Set Username”
- Enter your preferred username and tap on “Done” located at the top right of your screen.
How to Generate a QR Code for Your Telegram Profile
- Launch your Telegram app and Tap on the Settings icon located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Confirm that you’ve set a public username
- On the top left of your screen, tap on the QR code symbol
- Customize your QR code with any of the preset options available
- Tap on “Share QR Code” and share.
- You can also save it as an image for future distribution
Now it’s time to try generating a QR Code and share it with your network. We do hope that this article has been helpful. Share this with your friends and family who might need it.