Amazon’s tablet has evolved over the years. At one point, it was known as the “Kindle Fire”, and now, the “Amazon Fire tablet”. The Amazon Fire tablet comes in different versions; Fire, Fire HD, and Fire HDX version. They also come in different sizes; 7-inches, 8-inches, and the 10-inches model.
Furthermore, they also come in various generations. Do you own an Amazon Fire tablet and you’re wondering what the exact model and generation are? In this article, we will be showing you how to find your Amazon Fire tablet model.
Related: How to Install Google Play Store on Fire Tablet
How to Find your Amazon Fire Tablet Model
- To get started, pull down from the top of the screen, and then tap the gear icon. Or better still, tap on Settings from your home screen.
- On the Settings window, scroll to the bottom and select Device options.
- Then, scroll down and tap on About Fire Tablet. There, you will find your device model (type, model, and generation). From the image above, you can see that this device is a Fire HD 8 (10th generation) tablet.
Related: How to Change Wallpaper on Your Fire HD 8 Tablet
How to Check Storage Space on Your Amazon Fire Tablet
You should also make sure to check the storage capacity of your Amazon Fire tablet. Amazon tablets with the same model, as well as the ones with different models sometimes come in different storage sizes. For instance, some Fire HD 8 tablets come with 16GB of internal storage space, others come with 32GB of internal storage space.
Here’s how to find out your Amazon Fire tablet’s storage capacity:
- Pull down from the top of the screen, and then tap the gear icon. Or better still, tap on Settings from your home screen.
- Scroll down and tap Storage. There, you’ll see the total storage you have under Internal storage
In conclusion, you should know that your Amazon Fire tablet comes with a micro SD card slot if you are not satisfied with the internal storage space your tablet offers.