Amazon recently announced that it is releasing the next generation of the Fire 7 and Fire 7 Kids tablets. This is the first upgrade coming to the Fire 7 tablet series since 2019. The new tablet (12th-gen) model is now available to order and the shipment began on June 29, 2022.
The new Fire 7 tablet comes with major updates when compared to its predecessor. It comes with a faster processor, a bigger, long-lasting battery, a USB-C port for faster charging, etc. In this article, we will be telling every new feature that is coming to the new Fire 7 (12th-gen) tablet.
- What’s the Difference Between Fire 7, Fire HD 8, and HD 10 Tablets?
- How to Set Chrome as the Default Browser on Fire Tablet
Fire 7 12th-gen Fire Tablet: Specs
- Display: 7” touchscreen, 1024 x600 resolution at 171 PPI, SD video playback, with IPS (in-plane switching) technology.
- Size: 7.11” x 4.63” x 0.38” (180.68 mm x 117.59 mm x 9.67 mm)
- Processor: Quad-Core 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16 GB/32 GB + microSD card (up to 1TB)
- Battery: Up to 10 hours
- Camera: 2-megapixel front/rear cameras + 720p HD video recording
- Color: Black, Denim, and Rose
The new 12th-gen Fire 7 tablet has been upgraded from the previous model with a quad-core processor. And according to Amazon, this new processor is 30% faster than what’s on its predecessor. Furthermore, it comes with double the RAM (2GB) of its predecessor. One thing we can expect from the new Fire 7 tablet with these upgrades is that there will be a smoother experience with multitasking.
One of the few downsides of Amazon’s Fire tablet over the years is its battery life. The new Fire 7 tablet, however, comes with improved battery life. Amazon says the new tablet comes with a battery that will keep you going for up to 10 hours – a 40% improvement over the last Fire 7 tablet released in 2019.
To support that, Amazon has also ditched the micro USB port on the old Fire 7 tablet for the USB-C charging port for the new Fire 7 tablet.