Over the past few months, artificial intelligence has been a buzzword in the tech industry, with companies exploring its potential applications in various fields. From AI-generated art to ChatGPT passing medical and bar exams, AI has been disrupting the way we live and work.
And now, music streaming giant Spotify has hopped onto the AI train with its latest feature: the AI-powered DJ. Designed to provide a unique listening experience to each user based on their music preferences and listening habits, this new feature could be a game-changer for the music streaming industry. In this post, we’ll explore Spotify’s latest foray into AI and what it means for music lovers.
So What is this Spotify AI DJ?
Well, this is essentially Spotify giving you your personal radio presenter that’ll do various things including introducing new songs and saying something about a track before it comes on, curating playlists for you, and so on.
Spotify adds that “The DJ knows you and your music taste so well that it will scan the latest releases we know you’ll like, or take you back to that nostalgic playlist you had on repeat last year.”
How to find the Spotify AI DJ:
Spotify says that the feature is now available for Spotify Premium users in the United States and Canada. There’s still no word on whether this availability will be expanded to other regions.
To use the DJ Personalized feature, simply follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify mobile app on your iOS or Android device
- Navigate to the Home section and find the Music Feed
- Look for the DJ card and tap the Play button
- The feature will then take over and offer a personalized lineup of music and brief commentary on the songs and artists in the playlist.
- If you’re not feeling the vibe, you can switch to a different genre, artist, or mood by hitting the DJ button at the bottom right of the screen
The DJ Personalized feature is just one of Spotify’s many efforts to transform the audio experience for its users. In the recent past, we have seen fun campaigns from the streaming platform like the Time Capsule that allows you lock a few tracks and revisit after a year, and much more.
- Create Your Musical Time Capsule with Spotify Playlist in a Bottle
- Best Podcast apps for Android in 2023
- What is the Best Music Streaming Service in 2023
It is refreshing to see Spotify exploring new horizons and with AI promising to disrupt everything, it is nice to see Spotify staying ahead of the curve. Stay tuned for more exciting updates from the platform.