A time capsule is a container or vessel that holds a collection of artifacts or documents that are intended to be preserved for a specific period of time and then opened and examined by future generations.
Time capsules can be buried underground, sealed in a building, or placed in a monument, and can contain a wide variety of items, including photographs, letters, newspapers, coins, clothing, and other objects that provide a snapshot of life at the time the capsule was created.
Time capsules can be created to commemorate a specific event or milestone, such as the completion of a building, or as a way to preserve a community’s history for future generations.
We live in a digital age and while the thought of burying things might not sit well with many, we can surely have a little fun of our own with the tools we have today while employing this idea now, can’t we?
2023 is off to a blistering start and Spotify wants you to play a little time capsule project on the platform. Throughout the month of January, Spotify will allow you to create a playlist of your best tracks today. The platform will then save the playlist and not let you have access to it until January of 2024.
Simple concept, costs nothing really, could be fun for you to explore come 2024 so why not partake in this little exercise? In this post, we quickly take you through how to set that up quickly.
Here’s how to make your Playlist in a Bottle
- Ensure your Spotify mobile app is up to date with the latest version.
- Click spotify.com/playlistinabottle from your mobile device.
- Select your time capsule of choice—you can pick from a bottle, jean pocket, gumball machine, lunch box, or teddy bear.
- Answer a series of song-inspired prompts. For example:
- “A song you’re going to kiss someone to this year”
- “A song that reminds you of your favorite person”
- “A song you need to hear live in 2023”
- 5. Digitally seal your musical time capsule and send it off!
- Share a personalized card to your social channels with the tag #PlaylistInABottle.
- Come January 2024, if you made a Playlist in a Bottle, you’ll receive your personalized time capsule reminding you what you were listening to one year prior.
- Here’s how to get your Spotify 2022 Wrapped Playlist
- YouTube Music Introduces 2021 Recap, Similar to Spotify Wrapped
I love using Spotify because of their fun little campaigns like the annual Spotify Wrapped. The fact that their algorithm is also really good is just an icing on the already delicious cake. I have already created mine and am looking forward to seeing your playlists early next year #PlaylistInABottle.