Every shopaholic loves Shein because of the many different designs and low prices they offer. While they are a very popular online shopping store in the US and UK, Nigerians can also order items from Shein.
This post will show you all you need to know about placing an order from Shein in Nigeria. We’ll also cover delivery timelines, returns and everything in between.
What You Need to Successfully Place an Order on Shein
You have two shopping options on Shein – the main website and the official store on Jumia.
On Jumia, you can get a limited catalogue of Shein items at lower shipping prices and wait times. However, if you want an unlimited range of items, then you might have to shop from the original store.
To shop at the original Shein store, you need a valid address and an active virtual USD card. You also need extra cash for shipping and delivery costs.
Fortunately, Shein offers free shipping on items over $50. So we recommend waiting for a haul before purchasing so you can save a lot on shipping.
How to Buy Items from Shein in Nigeria
So are you ready to make a Shein haul? Here’s how to order Shein from Nigeria;
- Visit the Shein website and create a free account using your email address or social media account
- Navigate to the categories section, explore the products you’d like to purchase and “Add Cart”
- Once you’re satisfied with your cart, proceed to “View Cart” and then review. After this tap “Checkout”
- Enter your shipping address and be sure it’s correct
- Choose your shipping method, payment method and enter your details
- Review your details one more time to be sure everything is intact and then place your order
How Long Do Shein Deliveries to Nigeria Take?
Like most shopping websites, each item on Shein has its own delivery timeline. However, you can always choose between the standard shipping which takes up to 20 business days or the express shipping which can be anywhere between 5-10 business days.
Since express shipping is faster, it’s often more expensive. So we recommend using standard shipping especially when you’re on a budget.
The official store on Jumia also takes out the high shipping costs you might have to pay when purchasing from the international store.
If you’d still like to purchase from the main website, deliveries might be delayed during public holidays, customs clearance and other unforeseen issues. Plus, you can always track your order using the tracking number given to you at the point of checkout.
Can I Return an Item I Purchased on Shein?
Yes, you can process returns from Nigeria on Shein. However, there are several conditions for returns. For starters, if the item is a piece of clothing, it must be unworn and in the original package (with tags and labels). Also, you cannot return underwear, lingerie, bodysuits and jewellery.
Returns are free so you don’t need to pay any fee. However, if you want to return multiple orders, you have to order multiple return labels you’d use in the post office.
You can also cancel a purchase as long as it hasn’t been shipped yet. For purchases made from the official store on Jumia, you can always return them using the Jumia return process.
Since return policies can vary and change over time, we recommend reviewing the return policy for your exact order before purchasing.
Recommended Shopping Tips to Help You Save Big on Shein
- Coupons: You get coupons for creating an account, subscribing to emails and other actions you take on Shein. These are very useful in getting discounts on your purchases. So always remember to use your coupons at the checkout stage.
- Leaving a review gives you Shein points you can use to get discounts for your items
- Be on the lookout for flash sales. These products often go for very low prices and they pop up every now and then. But keep in mind that these products are not eligible for refunds.
Shein is the perfect website to order unique items on a budget and it’s not just limited to the US. We hope this guide helps you get your clothing, home and other products from the website you love. Do let us know your experience with shopping from Shein in the comments below.