The MyMTN app has been in existence since 2015, and has over the years continued to gather more downloads, with now about 70,000 downloads and a significant number of them being active users. The success of the app is for MTN continuing to see more downloads and usability. The most important aspect of the platform is that it has evolved into a self-service platform used for both MTN Mobile Money and other MTN services like purchasing airtime and data bundles.
The new design is for the customer experience that needs to be improved at every opportunity. MTN has redesigned the experience and given the App a fresh and modern new look, all based on the feedback from customers and the market.
MTN intends to lead her customers into a Bold New Digital World by enabling customers to self-serve or report issues without disrupting their daily routine. Customers in some instances have to memorize USSD codes for loading airtime, data bundles, calling bundles like MyPakaPaka and checking airtime balance.
Read About: Review: MyMTN App is a smarter way to use MTN Uganda’s services
How does MyMTN app address the needs of the MTN customer? What are the unique user experiences available?
- The App is FREE to use. No bundle needed so a customer gets unfettered access.
- The App is available for different OS. No special requirement or need to change your device.
- The App stores for you your recent payment history including the amount and account details so the next time you want to pay the information is already there so you can confirm or update.
- The updated account dashboard gives customers a detailed view of their recent transaction history including calls, SMS, Data, Recharges and Mobile Money.
- Users can schedule transactions eg for bill payments like NWSC and UMEME, TV subscriptions or send money monthly to the village/shamba boy/mechanic
- Customers can use the Data Calculator on the App to estimate how much data they need to buy.
- Fingerprint security has been introduced to customers with devices that support this feature.
- Customers can report issues to Customer Services and follow up via the App. No need to call the helpline or visit a service center.
- Postpaid customers can get an itemized transaction history sent directly to their email accounts.
MyMTN App has been downloaded mainly by Android users because this is the most dominant operating system at the moment in Uganda. We believe that the Android Operating System will continue to be one of the major drivers for downloads on the app. However, the App is available on all the other platforms to ensure a seamless experience for all customers such as for iOS users, it is available in the Apple App Store.
Editor’s Note: This is a Press Release.