If you’re reading this, then it means that you’re most likely a parent and you’re concerned about the safety of your kids when consuming content online – especially when you hand them your smartphone. You constantly have to check to make sure they don’t view content beyond their age limit or access apps that are harmful to them. Well, if you own a Samsung device and you always share it with your kid(s), you can easily keep them safe online. With Kids Mode on Samsung, you can regulate what your kids have access to when they have your Samsung device.
What is Samsung Kids Mode?
Samsung calls it “your child’s first digital playground”. According to them, Kids Mode is a treasure trove of fun, child-safe content. When enabled, it creates a separate kid-friendly user profile for your kids. Kids Mode gives them access to apps, games, and other content that are suited for their age range. It also comes with parental control feature that allows parents to both set limits to their kid(s) usage and customizes the content they make available.
- Samsung One UI 5.0: Roll-Out Roadmap, New Features, and More
- How to Use Dark Mode on Your Samsung Smartphone
How to Enable Samsung Kids Mode on Your Samsung Device
- You can access Samsung Kids Mode through Quick Settings on your Samsung device. To access Quick Settings, swipe down from the top of your screen twice.
- Next, swipe to the right until you see an empty space with the + icon, tap on it.
- Search for the “Kids” icon at the top and drag it down to the Quick Settings area.
- Tap Done once you’ve moved the icon.
Now you can begin the process of enabling Kids Mode on your device. Here’s how:
- Tap on the Kids icon again from Quick Settings.
- Next, enable “Add Samsung Kids to the Apps screen” and then tap Next to begin.
- You should see a screen that looks exactly like the Android home screen. You will also see a bunch of apps (not yet downloaded) on the screen. You can tap on any of the apps or games you like, and download them.
- To disable Kids Mode, tap on the three-dot icon on the top-right corner of the home screen and select Close Samsung Kids.
There you have it. That’s all you need to do to set up Kids Mode on your Samsung device. You should also check out How to Install YouTube Kids on Amazon Tablet if your kids use the Amazon tablet.