We live in a world that is very connected than before! Almost everyone has a gadget or device that uses a battery. The age of the battery, the hardware and software of the device, and how the device is used all have an impact on how well its battery performs. Here are 10 tips to improve the performance life of any battery.
These tips can be applied to a range of devices including cameras, smartphones, watches, and other digital portable devices with rechargeable batteries. Before we look at the tips or ways to improve your battery. Unlike cars that used lead-acid batteries, let’s get to understand and know the two different types of batteries used in most portable devices.
Also Read: How to Check Battery Health on Your iPhone
Types of Batteries
There are two types of batteries used in modern rechargeable devices and smartphones – Lithium Polymer and Lithium-Ion. Li-Poly is the latest and the most recent one with many improvements.
- Lithium-ion batteries (Li-ion):
These are the most common type of batteries used in portable devices today. They have a high energy density, which means they can store a lot of energy in a small space.
- Lithium-polymer (Li-poly):
These batteries are similar to Li-ion batteries, but they use a different type of electrolyte. They are often used in thin devices, such as smartphones because they can be made in a variety of shapes.
Also Read: How to Show Your iPhone Battery Percentage
Try the following 10 tips to increase or improve battery life;
- Change the settings for your device’s screen brightness and timeout.
- On your device, enable the battery-saving mode.
- Utilize the power-saving settings of your device, such as turning off background data or lowering the frame rate.
- Try deleting or uninstalling apps that you don’t use or that use up your battery is a good idea.
- When your device is charging, don’t use it.
- Avoid using apps or features that use a lot of resources, like gaming or streaming video, for a long time.
- Keep the apps and operating system on your device up to date.
- Choose themes and wallpaper that are dark or black.
- Avoid using your device in extreme temperatures.
- Charge your device’s battery to 50% or less before storing it for an extended period of time.
That’s it from us, but we shall also add an extra and most important tip of using a good and original charger or a high-quality third-party charger to avoid damaging the battery.
Regularly charging a battery to 100% and then letting it drain to 0% can also shorten its life. It is better to charge a battery when it reaches around 20-30% capacity. You may call this another tip but we all know it is not safe to charge our batteries every time they reach 0%.
This concludes our tips and info-session article about battery life performance and improvement. What tip didn’t you know? Do let us know in the comment section below.