The Apple iPhone is one of the biggest success stories in the smartphone industry. Since its introduction to the market in 2007, Apple has sold more than 1.5 billion units worldwide. As of the first quarter of 2022, the Apple iPhone’s market share of new smartphone sales was 18 percent. We are yet to see iPhone 14 release In a few days from now.
Much of its accomplishments can be attributed to Apple’s ability to keep the product competitive throughout the years, with new releases and updates.
The Cupertino, California-based tech giant typically announces other products alongside the iPhone, including the latest Apple Watches. The company usually releases the new iPhone in stores about a week and a half after it’s unveiled, and Apple is expected to stick to that pattern this year.
The company intends to stream the event online rather than holding an in-person gathering — continuing an approach it adopted at the start of the pandemic.
Apple iPhone 14 launch event is reportedly scheduled for September 7.
We’re expecting to see four new iPhones launch on September 7 and within that, there won’t be an iPhone 14 mini, replaced with the iPhone 14 Max. However, the main upgrades will be coming to the iPhone 14 Pro Max and the iPhone 14 Pro, where the iPhone 14 is expected to bear a striking resemblance to last year’s iPhone 13.
- iPhone 14 – 6.06-inch, 1170 x 2532 OLED screen with a 60Hz refresh rate and 460 pixels per inch.
- iPhone 14 Max – 6.68-inch, 1284 x 2778 OLED screen with 60Hz refresh rate and 458 pixels per inch.
- iPhone 14 Pro – 6.06-inch, 1170 x 2532 OLED screen with a 1–120Hz variable refresh rate and 460 pixels per inch.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max – 6.68-inch, 1284 x 2778 OLED screen with a 1–120Hz refresh rate and 458 pixels per inch.
iPhone 14 Models
Here’s how the iPhone 14 family could line up:
- iPhone 14 – 6.1-inch display
- iPhone 14 Max – 6.7-inch display
- iPhone 14 Pro – 6.1-inch 120Hz display
- iPhone 14 Pro Max – 6.7-inch 120Hz display
iPhone 14 Price
iPhone sales accounted for more than half of all the revenue generated by Apple last year and coming up with another phone can be another way to keep sales flowing in.
- WatchOS 9: Here’s What You Need to Know
- WWDC 2022: Here’s Everything Apple Announced at the Conference
- M2 Chip: Meet the 2nd Generation of Apple’s Most Powerful Chip
It is now an open secret that the iPhone 14 range will launch at higher prices. These are the anticipated prices compared to iPhone 13.
Any other business
Also coming in September: iOS 16, the software that will run on the next iPhones, and watchOS 9, the next Apple Watch operating system. And the company plans to launch macOS Ventura in October alongside iPadOS, the iPad’s operating system. The latter software was delayed about a month, in part due to bugs surrounding its new Stage Manager multitasking system.
Apple is working on an updated low-end iPad with an A14 chip and USB-C port.
This is a short summary of all that I have written here and in case you are to forget anything, do not forget these as we wait for the D-day of the iPhone 14 release;
- Four iPhone 14 handsets
- No 5.4-inch ‘mini’
- Pro models to have ‘notch-less’ design
- New 48MP main camera
- Starting price: £779 / $799 / AU$1,349